Purpose of Student's Job: Assist office staff with routine tasks
Supervisor: Tess Martin
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $7.25 per hour
Beginning Date: August 19, 2013
Description of Job Duties:
- Preparing documents such as correspondance, forms (purchase requisitions, travel forms, vendors invoices, etc.), envelopes, labels and other documents processed in the President's Office
- Using data entry programs for updating records, schedule entries, etc.
- Filing of various types of documents
- Faxing and printing documents
- Processing documents to be mailed including at times large mailings or bulk mailings
- Delivering documents or other items to various offices on campus (business office, library, Workforce and Community Education, Caperton Center, cafeteria, print shop, etc.)
- Gathering supplies as needed for the President's Office from the bookstore, print shop, cafeteria, etc.
- Answering the telephone and taking messages as directed
- Other office duties as assigned or neccessary
- Typing skills of at least 50 wpm (essential)
- Computer/Word processing skills (essential)
- Data entry skills (helpful but not essential)
- Accurate filing skills and overall general office duty skills (essential)
- Good communication skills-oral and written (essential)
- Knowledge of specific office equipment/programs-fax machine, copier, computers/printers, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Outlook email/calendar, etc. (helpful but not essential)
- Must be able to handle sensitive and/or confidential information with utmost professionalism (essential)
- There is no dress code, but appropriate attire is expected (essential)
E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.