Student Success Center
Tutor Job Description
Will work as a tutor for community members and/or their children and WVU-P student tutor. This position may be a work study or regular paid employee.
Descriptions of Duties:
· Tutor subject/subjects recommended by faculty.
· Tutor group, individual, or drop-in sessions.
· Attend tutor training meetings.
· Tutors request assessment meetings with faculty members to discuss a “tutoring Plan” for the group/individual, which tutors then note in the tutoring notebook.
· Tutor keeps daily notes of each tutoring sessions. These records include attendance, progress of tutees, and content area tutored.
· Tutor keeps a Tutee Log including the signatures of the tutees after tutors have reviewed the Tutee Contract with them.
· Tutor documents each group and each individual tutoring session on the lined Student Record paper. Notes are made of material covered, absences, and evaluation of tutees’ efforts and progress.
· Keeps supervisor informed concerning any change in tutee’s status, such as a reassignment of a tutor or a class withdrawal. Tutors inform supervisor when tutee needs removed from group session and given individual tutoring.
· Tutor refers to Faculty Resource book to schedule appointments with individual faculty member when necessary.
· Tutors may cancel a session, but they must notify supervisor before the absence in a timely manner.
· At the end of each semester or when tutees discontinue tutoring services, tutors request that their tutees fill out an Exit Survey; the surveys are filled out in the Center to ensure that they are completed and returned. The surveys serve as an evaluation of the tutor and Student Success Center services.
· Tutors receive evaluations each semester.