Department/Division: Jackson County Center
Supervisor: Violet Mosser, Student Services Coordinator, JCC
Rate of pay: $8.75 per hour
To assist Jackson County Center office staff in providing a student friendly, one-stop-shop for all student services and functions. Preferred Time to Perform Job (mornings, afternoons, evenings, etc.): Student assistant must be willing and able to work to cover JCC office in absence of full-time staff during lunch and dinner times. Some evenings are expected.
- Providing typing services for syllabi, course handouts, tests, etc.
- Providing security for tests and other sensitive documents.
- Distributing student handouts and papers when students drop in.
- Assisting full-time faculty with last minute details for class requirements.
- Assist students by answering general questions or referring to the appropriate personnel.
- Making appointments for students for academic advising, financial aid assistance, etc.
- Handle routine tasks as assigned.
- Assists students with admissions process, including processing forms and completing data entry on admission applications and other documentation required to fully admit students to the institution for all types of admission including full, transient, and early admission.
- Assists students with registration and withdrawal processes, including processing forms and completing data entry on the computer.
- Assists students with processing financial aid forms for submission to Parkersburg campus for obtaining financial aid.
- Assists students with routine financial aid questions, using Banner system and communication with Financial Aid staff on Parkersburg campus
- Assist full-time office staff in maintaining adequate inventory of all forms, office supplies, etc.
- “Switchboard” Operations, including answering 3 incoming lines, routing calls appropriately, taking written messages from students to faculty regarding absences or problems.
- Assist Student Services Coordinator with Student engagement and other activities as needed.
- Communicating with students during payment periods as to the status of their payments, rules and regulations for payment options, etc.
- Use computer to check student’s registration.
- Computer Software, including Office 2010.
- General administrative and office experience.
- Mature and professional demeanor.
- Ability to handle student records confidentially and maintain security and integrity of records.