Mechanical Description: Seeking CAD Drafter/Designer to work on a variety of projects involving structural and mechanical components for natural gas, hydrocarbon and industrial projects. Primary responsibilities include producing two-dimensional and three-dimensional drawings from models and sketches under the direction of an engineer. This position assists the engineering discipline leads and will assist in the preparing and review of calculations, design drawings, and other information. Supports construction and procurement with preparation of drawings and material take-offs. Reviews as-built drawings and assists with collection of design information required by construction and procurement. Responsibilities and duties:
• Provide detail mechanical design of complex facilities. Work with 3D models to produce plans, sections, and details for construction documents.
• Perform checking of complex facility drawings. Work with lead engineer and responsible designer in correcting drawings. Apply client layering and CAD standards.
• Support project team in maintaining budget, schedule and adherence to the agreed to scope of work.
• Initiate design/drafting package checks and reviewing other disciplines check. • Perform vendor data review of equipment and components.
• Support project team in maintaining a needs list of design criteria to support completion of their assigned area. Requirements: Requires thorough knowledge of AutoCAD software - a working knowledge of and experience with standard drawings practices, basic engineering drafting principles, and preparation of drawings, using AutoCAD. Experience with Cadworx a plus, also a basic understanding of Acrobat, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Good communications and analytical skills and working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs are required.
Interested candidates should contact:
Christopher F. Allowatt, CPA Executive Vice President Bi-Con Engineering, LLC
10901 Clay Pike Road Derwent, OH 43733
Office phone: 1-740-685-9217 ext. 350